In this sub-area of our Forests line of work we carry out research, training and technical cooperation with local, national and international partners in order to generate knowledge and build capacity to foster the design of biodiversity management and conservation systems and ecosystem services using a systemic, participatory and adaptive approach.
This way we hope to maximize the benefits generated from biodiversity conservation to local communities and society in general.
This area includes operations in the following areas:
- Systematic planning for the effective management of protected area systems
- Monitoring the status of biodiversity in protected areas and their management effectiveness
- Biological corridors as a tool for biodiversity management
- Adaptation to climate change in the management of protected areas and biological corridors
- Integration of protected area systems into territorial land management