The Panama NTO develops work in rural areas of the country spreading their efforts to the provinces of Los Santos , Herrera and Azuero, the region of NgäbeBuglé and important watershed planning. These , on time , are some of our efforts in Panama OTN CATIE.
- Azuero region ( provinces of Herrera and Los Santos ) . The emphasis in the presentation and development of forest grazing for livestock alternatives supported by this program Livestock and the Environmental Management ( GAMMA ) .
- Darien province ( border with Colombia ) . Work alternative forest management of natural forests in coordination with local and international partners. The achievements in this area occurred with the Forests and Forest Management Project in Central America ( Finnfor ) .
- Atlantic and border with Costa Rica . Themed work by Cocoa Cocoa project in Central , with the direct to COCABO cooperative partners. Additionally, with resources Agroambiental Mesoamerican Program (MAP ) have developed small projects with local partners highlighting the role of youth and women .
- The NgäbeBuglé region. In what is one of the areas of greatest environmental and social vulnerability focus efforts on the development of operations and the preparation of proposals with local partners to improve food security and establish measures to adapt to climate variability and change.
- Watershed Panama Canal . CATIE has studied design management plan for some of the sub - basins that make up the area of the country's largest drainage.
- River Basins of Santa María , La Villa, Resume and Chiriqui Viejo. Have been or are sites of action of CATIE , either because they work with local partners or have participated in the development of management plans or ius system. In the case of Chiriquí Viejo , is a plan that began in this year 2013.